Monday 12 December 2011

Graphics - Typography

As with the multimedia workshop, we were given a similar theme for the graphics workshop - Organic.
We started off with collecting images from magazines that we thought represented our theme and made a mood board. I chose sections of colour such as blues and greens as well as pictures of flowers, food and things like socks because they link through organic materials like cotton.

Mood Board.
Next, from the mood board I came up with some quick pencil sketches of Initial Ideas.
I then developed them and added colour to see how they would work.
Developed Ideas with Colour.

 I then chose my favourite 2 to develop further. I enlarged them, traced them and scanned them into Photoshop.

Letter J - Enlarged Tracing of Sketch scanned into Photoshop.

Letter Y - Enlarged Tracing of Sketch scanned into Photoshop.
In Photoshop, I used Levels to adjust the contrast and give me a pure black lined image with a white background.


Then on Adobe Illustrator, I used Live Trace, which spilt my image into different sections ready to paint. Before painting, Using the Gap Tool, I checked for small, medium and large gaps. Lastly, I used Live Paint to colour in my Images.

Final Characters:




No comments:

Post a Comment