Thursday 8 December 2011

Lomography

This is my own photo I took in London outside Buckingham Palace.
Before.

After.

This is a photo of the Suspension Bridge in Bristol that I found online!
Before.

After.

This is a photo I took in NYC.
Before.

After.
 
 
To create this lomographic effect, I firstly cropped my image to 16 x 9 cm and changed its resolution to 300 pixels/inch.
Using the Lasso Tool, I drew a circle around the centre of my image. I then feathered my selection to help blend and and soften my selection.
Next, I inversed my selection and added a new adjustment layer where I changed the levels, once happy with the effect I flattened the image so it returned to one layer. I did the same for a new adjustment layer for curves.
I then added a new layer which I painted black. To make my image visible again, I changed its blending mode to Hue and edited its opacity. This was done to mix greyscale with colour.
I again flatten my image and to finish off, I made my image clearer and easier to see by using the Sharpen Filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment